Walking Challenge – January 1 thru March 31
Hi! I am Bonnie Burroughs, and I am so excited about the new walking challenge!! This challenge will be benefiting End 68 Hours of Hunger. Why am I excited?? Because, first…it’s all about kids!! Secondly, I can tell you exactly what your donation will do!! Your $25 will provide approximately 5 breakfasts, 7 lunches and 7 dinners for children who might not get to eat between the free lunch they receive at school on Friday and the free breakfast they receive at school on Monday. To find out more about this wonderful program, go to: www.end68hoursofhunger.org
- You may join in one of two ways…you may write a check to End 68 Hours of Hunger and mail to: End 68 Hours of Hunger, PO Box 676, Somersworth, NH 03878, or you can donate on their website: www.end68hoursofhunger.org If donating on line, just put my name (Bonnie Burroughs) in the Message to Seller or if paying by check, put my name on the Memo line. That way they will know it’s from the challenge group.
- Once you have made your donation, send me a Facebook message (if you are already my friend) to tell me you have done so and want to join the challenge. I will invite you to join the Facebook Group, “End 68 Hours of Hunger Walking Challenge”. If you are not friends with me on Facebook, you can send me an e-mail at blb03836@gmail.
- Now…here’s the challenge part. When you send me the message to join, tell me your weekly step goal – and the challenge is to exceed that goal. Each week you exceed it by 10%, your name will go into a drawing that will be held at the end of the challenge. If you exceed it by 20%, you will have two entries. The winner of the drawing will receive $75.
- You will report you weekly step total right on the Facebook group page – our week will run from Sunday thru Saturday, all I need is your total steps for the week.
- Feel free to share photos of where you walk…motivational quotes or pictures. Those keep us all motivated!!